Today, technology has taken over, making the task of structural steel detailing machines easier and more versatile.
TECHNOLOGY IN STEEL DETAILING: SOFTWARES USED & EMERGING AREAS
Handwriting has been the mainstream for many years, and the fields that used to deal with pencils, pens, protractors, and later calculators are now digital. Most retailers have turned to computer-aided drawing, also known as CAD. The steel articulator can be used for imagination on a digital notebook and then printed on paper for 2D projects or printed as 3D renderings.
3D BIM technology
Emerging technology is 3D BIM (Building Information Modeling). TEKLA software, 3D BIM, is very popular in the industry. As an important and powerful tool in the PEB (Pre-Engineered Buildings) industry, it ranked fourth in the past two years. Since it is faster than 2D detail design, it can handle any problem area well. After the design is completed, use BIM software for modeling. After completing the form, provide a list of raw materials, a shipping list, a manufacturing plan, etc.
BIM can be used to integrate basic and critical services for large projects. Compared with 2D drawing, 3D model has many advantages.
- Easier to make changes
- It is easier to handle complex shapes.
There is no risk of project site interruption because all agencies must carry out detailed design, manufacturing, and assembly work on the same model.
Website manufacturing and nesting software
On-site manufacturing is common and widely used in the PEB industry, but there are better options. The PEB factory is equipped with a high-speed CNC plate cutting machine, which can provide burr-free cutting and nesting software using Plasma or Oxy as fuel to reduce waste.
CNC punching and punching help to punch the joints, which is very important for correct site alignment. MIG machines can be used for welding jigs, etc. Techniques such as shot blasting and sandblasting are used to prepare the surface for painting.
CNC machine tools
The CNC cold-bending forming machine uses automatic pressure shear to produce C/Z purlins, roof panels, and walls, and CNC presses to produce decorative strips and accessories. Other special machines are used to manufacture various accessories, such as pipes, anchor bolts, clamps, etc.
Most structural engineers use STAAD (from Bentley) to perform structural analysis. MBS (Metal Construction Software) provides the most accurate PEB building estimates, designs, and details, as well as shipping lists and 3D drawings. It is a very popular and widely used software. Now the PEB industry has demonstrated its strength in infrastructure: construction of complex structures such as bridges, power transmission, subway tracks, airports, skyscrapers, multi-story buildings, and industrial projects.
In addition to MBS, there is some other internal software used in detail.
Benefits of the steel structure detailing program
- Structural steelworkers are common sense experts and have received specialized training in all areas of the sport.
- The main advantage of using steel structure detailing software is that users have additional skills in using computers and specific software.
- Once mastered, trigonometry and geometry are at your fingertips, without manual memorization or calculations.
- The advantage of having a 2D hard copy allows the steel retailer to show the model to the customer before producing the time-consuming and capital-intensive 3D rendering.
- The steel detailing software will also track any changes or modifications made to the original drawings. Focusing on comments is very convenient because they help make the workflow smoother. After all, the creator and the client decide what is best for both parties.
- No need to draw multiple rounds, you can quickly change and keep the code in case you need to exit later.
Using steel detailing software can reduce human error, promote consistent brainstorming, and make work easier.
The PEB industry is well-equipped and ready to play a bigger role. It uses the latest technology in the world. The new airport is a good example of the PEB industry. RCC construction dominates the housing sector, but the newly available PEB technology aims to replace RCC. The use of composite steel structure buildings can play an important role in providing a large number of accommodations for low-income people. Steel has been used in high-rise buildings, but what is a game-changer is that it also provides excellent opportunities for low- and mid-rise buildings.