Instagram is much easier than other social platforms. Some social platforms limit the number of times you can change your username, while others don’t allow you to do so at all. Instagram is a free username for everyone; you can modify your Instagram account at any time as needed.
Your username and display name are different. Additionally, the display name is in the profile below the avatar. It is not necessarily unique to you, and can contain emoji’s and special characters. (Yes, it can also be changed.)
On the other hand, your username is displayed at the top of your profile and at the end of your profile URL. Furthermore, it should be unique to you. Moreover, it is also more restricted: the length cannot exceed 30 characters, and it can only contain letters, numbers, periods and underscores.
Whether you change your real name, upgrade to a more professional username. Or are tired of your current last name, you can change your username in less than a minute. That’s it
Change your username in the Instagram app
- Click the avatar icon in the bottom right corner to go to your profile
- Then, click “Edit Profile” at the bottom of your resume.
- Touch the username field and enter your new ID
- Click “Finish”
- If you want to change the display name, type it in the “Name” field.
Change your username on your computer
If you want, you can use the desktop version of Instagram to change your username.
- Firstly, in a web browser, go to Instagram.com
- If you are already logged in, you will be prompted to continue using your account. If you are not logged in, please enter your username and password. Click the profile icon on the right side of the homepage.
- Click “Edit profile” next to your username.
- If you make a mistake in the process or decide that you don’t like the new ID at all, you can revert to the old ID within 14 days.
- After that, you may still be able to return, but another user may have used your old ID.
If your username is used…
As mentioned above, you cannot use the same username as other people, and set the username on a first-come, first-served basis.
After that, if the selected ID is selected, Instagram will notify you after pressing “Done” on the phone or “Send” on the web.
If the desired name is not available, try adding numbers or underscores to make it unique to you.
Also, please keep checking. The username you want may be available in the future.
More importantly, the current owner can change or delete their profile, and Instagram sometimes deletes fake accounts.